St. Patrick's Day is a couple of weeks away and now is the time to make plans for how you're going to celebrate. Here's a lucky seven list of ways that the House of Tystad marks one of the best days of the year. You've only got a few days to get ready, so get on it.
1. Watch a movie about Irish blokes. I really like and highly recommend The Commitments. The soundtrack is outstanding.
2. Listen to some Irish music. My short list includes The Killigans and The Dropkick Murphys.
3. Cook up some Irish food. There has always been and will always be corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes on St. Patrick's Day at the House of Tystad.
4. Wear some green. Keep it under control, but this one is just a given.
5. Visit a St. Patrick's Day community festival. There's nothing like celebrating with some kindred spirits.
6. Watch a St. Patrick's Day parade. Sometimes even better than a festival because the good ones are a festival in and of themselves.
7. Stop in at an Irish pub. Some might say that St. Patrick's Day is too busy and crowded, but... you ever notice that those people aren't Irish? Don't listen to them. Live a little.
And, as if you need any more inspiration, I leave you with my favorite Irish blessing.
May those that love us, love us.
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles
So we will know them by their limping.