Sunday, March 4, 2012

Screenwriting Resources


I had the pleasure of participating in a writing festival yesterday. It's not often that writers get the chance to spend a whole day with other writers doing nothing but writing and talking about writing. It was great. I participated in a panel discussion about writing and presented a session on screenwriting.

I referred to several resources during my presentation and I'd like to list a few of them here for my fellow participants. Feel free to share any related resources or links in the comments section.

The Daily Script is an online collection of movie and television scripts. Some can be read online and some can be downloaded. Check the "links" tab for lots of extras.

Final Draft is a scriptwriting program for screenwriters, television writers, playwrights, and writers of new media.

Essentials of Screenwriting by Richard Walter is the best book I've ever read on the topic of screenwriting.

On Writing by Stephen King is the best book I've ever read on the topic of writing in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment