Saturday, September 17, 2011

An Interview with Asa Roth


For this week's blog post, I used my media credentials to get an interview with Asa Roth from Blue Hill. He took some time after football practice last week to answer some questions and here's what he told me.
TRT: Good to see you, Asa. Thanks for taking the time.
Asa Roth: No problem.
TRT: Tell me what's new with you.
Asa Roth: Well, just school and football and that's about it.
TRT: How's football?
Asa Roth: We won the first three games, but we've still got some tough teams ahead.
TRT: You just started your senior year. What's that like?
Asa Roth: Kind of like I can see the end, but it's still a ways off. It's weird.
TRT: Hardest class and... are there any easy ones?
Asa Roth: My hardest class has got to be Econ. I don't know about the easiest, but we have a lot of fun in Team Sports.
TRT: Sounds like a lot more fun than Economics. What's going on besides school?
Asa Roth: Um, my girlfriend wants to go to Rapid City next month to see Miranda Lambert.
TRT: Girlfriend? What's up with that?
Asa Roth: Yeah, Shannon is a huge Miranda Lambert fan, so I said I would take her to the show.
TRT: No, I mean what's up with a girlfriend?
Asa Roth: I don't know if I want to talk about that. (smiling)
TRT: Alright. Fair enough. You know, there are a lot of expenses involved. With girlfriends, I mean. After the concert tickets, there's dinner... and it never ends. Are you sure you've thought this girlfriend thing through?
Asa Roth: (laughing) I still don't want to talk about it.
TRT: Okay, back to football... where's Blue Hill going to end up at the end of the season?
Asa Roth: Coach says we're going all the way to state this year and that's what we're going to do. Blue Hill all the way.
TRT: Sounds great. Good luck to you and the rest of the team. We'll be watching. Thanks for being here today. And say hello to Shannon for me.
Asa Roth: (laughs) I'll do that. Thanks.
Get to know more about Asa Roth in Blue Hill by Todd R. Tystad, available from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment