Saturday, July 30, 2011

Looking for the Moments, part 2

Downtown Los Angeles

I've been doing a lot of driving around lately and I just remembered something I've always believed to be true about creative inspiration. It seems to me that it's just as easy to experience those significant moments in time when out driving as it is out walking or doing anything else. I don't know about you, but I think it's just a matter of being aware and ready when they happen. Here's what I mean (from my May 30, 2011 blog post):
So make a point to enjoy some art. Listen to some music and later, watch a movie. Visit a museum or check in on a website that brings art directly to you. There are countless moments that are waiting and won't be discovered unless you make the effort to look for them. No one knows what you can create until a moment moves you to inspiration. Make art a part of your life, watch for those moments that speak just to you, and respond in kind by creating something that provides someone else a moment that they'll remember. It's all a matter of consciously looking for those moments and then making them relevant in your life. Just keep looking.
So how about you? Is there a pattern to those significant moments that inspire you, or do they just happen when they happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment