Saturday, July 16, 2011

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait


Out of concern that you might think I've been slacking off with this blog, I decided that I'd better say hello and let you know what's up. I wish I could say that it's been a summer of vacation and adventure, but the truth is, I haven't really been out of the house much. There's new fiction on the way, my friends, and it will be ready for you next month.

With all of the great feedback and encouragement that I've had after publishing the short fiction collection, I decided to try out some new material. I already had the story in mind, but it took me a while to get things moving because I wanted to find the right format and what educators refer to as "voice." Once I settled on what I was comfortable with, it's been an enjoyable process. I'd like to say that it's been like a vacation, but that would be stretching things a bit.

So another week or two and what I'm working on now should be done. My plan is for this to be Book 1 of a three-part series. I don't want to reveal too much too soon, but I'm hoping that you'll like what you see when it's ready to go. I don't enjoy waiting around myself, but sometimes it's well worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I've waited long enough. Spill the beans, please. What is the new fiction, and when can I see it?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been working on a book about a high school-aged guy who survives an accident and then starts to realize that he's changed in ways he doesn't understand. (I'm having trouble writing the blurb because I don't want it to sound like a superhero story, which isn't, but it does involve... okay, I just looked up the technical definition of the word supernatural and I'm going to go with that.)

    I've got literally two more chapters left and it'll be finished. I'm still waiting for the cover art from a friend of mine and then everything will be ready to go. That's why I say it'll be done in a week or two.

    ReplyDelete