KZUM is heard locally at 89.3 FM and - thanks to live streaming - on the web at KZUM.org. Staffed entirely by volunteers, it's Nebraska's only independent radio station and offers what is perhaps the most eclectic variety of music, news, and discussion you'll ever find in one place. Here's a short list of some of my favorite shows (all times listed are Central Time):
- Friday 6:00-8:00 a.m. - "Morning Breath" (a variety of music)
- Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m. - "Turtle Island" (World Music)
- Saturday 3:30-5:30 p.m. - "Mundo Latino" (Latin Music)
- Monday 7:30-8:00 a.m. - "Canine 360" (a talk show about dogs)
- Monday 8:00-10:00 a.m. - "Dance Bands" (Big Band Music)
- Monday 1:00-3:00 p.m. - "Buenos Tangos" (Tango Music)
You will not be disappointed with what you'll hear on KZUM and I highly recommend it for anyone who has an interest in music of any type. Visit their website at KZUM.org for the program guide and you'll certainly find something you'll enjoy.