Monday, June 6, 2011

Cool Jazz and Bellinis

Pablo

Just so no one gets the idea that I'm sitting around doing nothing, I feel obligated to provide you with an update. It's not all cool jazz and Bellinis on the patio at the House of Tystad, even when it's summer vacation. In fact, it's been all about taking-care-of-business for an entire week and there's no telling when authentic rest and relaxation will become available, given the hectic schedule around here.

During my attempts to tackle several different projects at once, there are constant interruptions and infrequent trips to Super Target that stand in my way. Of course, taking Pablo out for a daily stroll isn't an interruption, but rather a pleasant diversion. Our current 99 degree heat was foreseen and today's walk was over and done with by 10:00 a.m. Even the early morning heat left Pablo tired and listless and he told me just moments ago that he's having second thoughts about going out at all tomorrow. Completely fine with me.

Perhaps the most challenging obstacle this week is the excruciating wait for Friday, the opening day of Super 8 - the new J.J. Abrams/Steven Spielberg movie. The tantalizing television commercials and theater trailers have convinced me that we're about to experience Spielberg-style filmmaking incubated in the mind of one of television's most creative thinkers and delivered with state-of-the-art effects and maximum decibels. What more could we ask for in a summer movie? I'll be there Friday morning right when the theater opens.

In the meantime, it's back to work. Stephen King says that he has a goal of at least 2,000 words a day. I figure that if I can exceed that, get Pablo outside while it's still cool, and see Super 8 before anyone reveals what happens, it's all good.

Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. Mission accomplished! I got what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete