|Los Angeles, California|
It's summer vacation time and that means time to let loose and have some fun. And when I think of fun, I think of Los Angeles, California. Whether you live in L.A. or are just visiting, you can always find something fun to do. Here's a list of ten places I love in L.A. (in no particular order):
- The Hollywood Bowl: Tucked in a canyon, this outdoor amphitheater has concerts all summer long.
- Dodger Stadium: Home of the Los Angeles Dodgers. You get the idea.
- Griffith Observatory: Recently renovated, the art deco building is home to exhibits and a new planetarium theater.
- Topanga Canyon: Topanga State Park is perfect for hiking and mountain biking.
- The Getty Museum: "The Getty" is an art museum with locations in west L.A. and Malibu.
- Mulholland Drive: Sitting at the top of the Santa Monica mountains, this roadway divides the "city" from the "valley" and has some amazing views.
- L.A. County Museum of Art: Located on "Museum Row," this is the largest art museum in the western U.S.
- Leo Carillo Beach: A state park with camping, surfing, tide pools to explore, and more.
- Catalina Island: Only a one-hour boat ride from Long Beach, this island has scuba diving, golf, island tours, camping, resorts, and best of all, no traffic.
- Festivals and Community Celebrations: You can find some sort of celebration going on practically every weekend in L.A. My personal favorite is the Sunset Junction Street Fair, being held this year on August 27 and 28. The musical lineup is as eclectic as the audience. Plus, if you get hot or tired, you can always stop in at El Cid and sit on the patio for a while.